Join us for a Webinar on May 27
Space is limited.
Reserve your Webinar Seat Now
The Obama Administration is pushing to pass the three Free Trade Agreements – Korea, Colombia and Panama – by summer. The Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) is organizing its voice now to speak on behalf of those who do not have a seat at the negotiating table – indigenous groups, small farmers, Colombia’s millions of displaced people and persecuted unionists. Our mission partners in Colombia are calling for the PC(USA) to raise its voice.
Join us to discuss:
• Ways for you to take action on behalf of our sisters and brothers in Colombia;
• How Colombia’s human rights record requires delaying this agreement;
• Why the Presbyterian Church of Colombia opposes the agreement in its present form;
• Why the cost of this agreement is too high for small farmers and others;
• How we as people of faith evaluate trade agreements.
Sign up now to hear from Lisa Haugaard, executive director of the Latin America Working Group; the Rev. Shannan Vance-Ocampo, director of Colombia Programs for the Presbyterian Peace Fellowship, which coordinates the Presbyterian Accompaniment Program on behalf of PC(USA) World Mission; and the Rev. Dr. Alexa Smith, Presbyterian Hunger Program.
Title: It Costs Too Much! The Colombia Free Trade Agreement: Presbyterians Speak Up
Date: Friday, May 27, 2011
Time: 12:30 PM - 1:30 PM EDT
Required: Windows® 7, Vista, XP or 2003 Server
Required: Mac OS® X 10.4.11 (Tiger®) or newer